An application made under Rule 27 of the Legal Metrology Packaged Commodities Rules, 2011 to the Director or the Controller for all pre-packed commodities which are meant for end customers. Under the above-mentioned rule, every packer / manufacturer / importer of the pre-packed commodity rules does require Packer Registration.
Overview of LMPC Certification
LMPC stands for Legal Metrology Packaged Commodity. According to Rule 27 of Legal Metrology Packaged Commodity Rules enacted by the Department of Consumer Affairs, it is mandatory for companies in the business of importing pre-packaged goods to India. It is also mandated that the registration for the LMPC Import License Certification must be applied within 90 days prior to the initiation process of importation of the pre-packaged goods.
Although for an LMPC Import License Certification, the laws, rules, and regulations to be followed are set under Legal Metrology Act, 2009, some states have implemented different amended laws that help them serve the purpose according to their state’s requirements.
Benefits of LMPC Certification
The below mentioned are some essential advantages of issuance of LMPC Import License Certification under the Legal Metrology Act, 2009 –
- Reduction in Transaction Expenditure
- Promotion of importation of production in the country
- Generating Government Revenue
- Reduction of Technical Obstacles of Importation
- Increasing Consumer Trust in the required brand being imported, distributed, or sold.
Documents Required for LMPC Certification
The following is the list of documents needed for the Registration of LMPC Import License Certification for the companies in the business of importation of pre-packaged goods in India –
- The Trade License or Manufacture License or Factory License or Lal Dora Certificate from either MCD, NDMC, DDA, etc.
- In case of the applicant does not acquire an MCD License. An affidavit undertaking needs to be submitted to ensure the company’s property area is within confirming zones and will not be required to be sealed or relocated in the future.
- The Proprietors or Directors or Partners Residential Address Proofs through Voter Identification Cards, Adhaar Cards, Passports, etc.
- Registration Proof of GST or Sales Tax.
- The materials used for the packaging of the goods, such as stickers, Labels, etc., that are to be affixed with the packaged good.
- MoA of the Company.
- Partnership Deed in case of Partnership firms.
- The Code of Importation and Exportation.
- Formal Passport Size Photographs of all the Directors or all the Partners or Proprietors of the Company that is to be combined of all the JPG image files into one JPG image file.
The following documents are not mandatory but necessary for the Registration of LMPC Import License Certification for the companies in the business of importation of pre-packaged goods in India –
- Commercial Premise Proof.
- Receipt of all the compounded or challaned Offences, if any.
Fees and Timeline
For a customized and attractive quotation, please contact us with your product details to Kapish Laur (+91- 99717 70603) or Rekh Atri (+91 98118 03136) or Manju Laur (+91 9711994042).
Process to Apply for LMPC Certification
The application procedure for the LMPC Import License Certification varies from state to state. In some states, the application submission system is available online. In case the online system is not available in the required state, then the applicant company needs to visit the Legal Metrology Department Office for submission of the application. The applicant company can hire iKargos to provide assistance and ease the process of registration and decrease the risk of rejection regarding the issuance of LMPC Import License Certification.
The companies in the business of importation of pre-packaged goods in India have to mandatorily register their name and address for LMPC Import License Certification either under the Central Government or under the Controller of Legal Metrology from the applicable State. After the acceptance of the application, the Director of Controller, who acquires the registering authority, registers the required information, i.e., the importing company’s name and the proper address for granting the LMPC Import License Certification.
The validation period of an LMPC Import License Certification is of a minimum of one year, i.e., 12 months and a maximum of five years, i.e., 60 months.
products cover under