EPR stands for Extended Producer's Responsibility. EPR Certificate is mandatory for Indian Manufacturer / Importer of product for E-waste management.
Overview of EPR Certification
EPR stands for Extended Producer's Responsibility. EPR Certificate is mandatory for Indian Manufacturer / Importer of product for E-waste management. EPR Authorization is given by the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) under MoEFCC, Government of India. With EPR India authorization, the manufacturer / importer of electronic and electrical products has been given the responsibility to control E-waste by the products after expiry of their lifetime.
Documents Required for EPR Certification
Documents for Address Proof
- Legal Address Proof of the Manufacturer / Importer:
- Copy of GST document indicating the address of manufacturing unit.
- Copy of Certificate / Document -
- Registrar of Companies, or
- Directorate of Industries, or
- Municipal Corporation / Local Body, or
- Import Export Code letter.
Product Details including Model Numbers and Production / Import History
- Details of electrical and electronic equipment placed on market year-wise during previous 10 years (Quantity, number and weight etc.).
Valid BIS License
- Copy of either ISI mark or BIS Registration number certificate, if applicable.
Documents for CPCB Certification
- Copy of PAN
- Reduction of RoHS
- Details for Reduction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliance, such as -
- Self-declaration regarding RoHS provision that the Electrical and Electronic Equipment placed on market comply with the specified limits of RoHS, or
- Technical documents (i.e. Supplier declarations, Materials Analytical reports) as evidence that RoHS provisions are complied by the product based on standard EN 50581 of EU, or
- RoHS Certificate
- Name of the Authorized Person (signatory), full address with e-mail, telephone number, copy of Aadhar Card etc.
- KYC of Manufacturer / Importer Company (like phone numbers, e-mail address, website information, etc.)
- List of all offices
- Details of E-Product (product name, brand name, model no., volume, etc.)
- Awareness Plan, implementation methodology and Budget for EPR and allied initiatives
- Flowchart for Collection of E-Waste and its Transportation to Recycler
- Estimated generation of e-waste item-wise and estimated collection target for the forthcoming year(s) including those being generated from their service centres
- Copies of agreement with Dealers, Collection Centre, Recyclers, Treatment, Storage and Disposal Facility, etc.
Fees and Timeline
For a customized and attractive quotation, please contact us with your product details to Kapish Laur (+91- 99717 70603) or Rekh Atri (+91 98118 03136) or Manju Laur (+91 9711994042).
40-60 working days
Process to Apply for EPR Certification
Process of EPR Authorization is divided into following steps:
Step-1: Application with required enclosures
Step-2: Review of Application by CPCB
Step-3: Submission of additional information, if required by CPCB
Step-4: Grant of Certificate by CPCB
products cover under